Project Sentry Gun Forum

Discussion Center
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to projectsentrygun

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:50 pm 
User

Hello all, I've been a lurker on this site for some time now while learning some basic arduino code and electronics.
I'm originally from the Caribbean island - Trinidad, I now reside in Texas.
I like projects of all types and am more mechanically inclined than electronics/ software and this site has helped me a lot.
I was inspired by the many projects and ideas and will be attempting a build of my own on weekends.

Keep up the excellent work , keep innovating !!

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:43 am 
User

Hi, my name is Alex. I live in Barcelona, and i have my own IT company. I been around this forum since June 2013, and im pretty advanced on the project. I have modified a P90 with a M60 cartridge, and for the base i use a disco light explorer (is like those colours lights that goes around the clubs and bars). This has a base with stepper motors, so now I have a guy developing the code to make it work. For the PC, im thinking in a PicoITX of 1GHZ with linux, i think is pretty enough.

Here some photos:

Attachment:
2014-01-04 14.48.02.jpg
2014-01-04 14.48.02.jpg [ 1.75 MiB | Viewed 1462 times ]

Attachment:
2014-01-04 13.50.44.jpg
2014-01-04 13.50.44.jpg [ 2.09 MiB | Viewed 1462 times ]

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:22 pm 
User

I am Bort from Austria (that one in Europe without kangaroos), born in 1988 and studying in the field of Mechatronics. As I like to play airsoft i have some useful stuff lying around. Saw this on the internet and fell in love. Not long time ago i had an introduction to ROS and Arduino Boards. What a perfect combination. :P
It is not easy to set Processing up on a 64Bit Ubuntu, but it works in combination with Google.

Just some Issues, may they help someone one day:
Ubuntu 12.04 64 Bit
Oracle Java SDK 7u51 32Bit
Processing 1.5.1 (Had Problems with 2.1.1 but maybe because of other reasons, will try the next days)
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs -> Will help you to run 32 bit code on 64 Bit Ubuntu
Puhhh, i dont even remember any more, but it was hard work today. The man problem is the 32bit and 64bit problem.

As far thanks the introduction in this interesting subject! Btw. as I finished and wanted to try the program, the Homepage was down. Will it go online again?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:23 pm 
User

Hello My nickname is Rizal..

Full Name : Fahrizal Umarila
26 Years Old
i came from Malang City, East Java, Indonesia

nice to meet you all.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:40 pm 
User

Looks like I'm the first 2014 candidate for this awesome project. Thanx Bob for sharing your hard work and efforts making this project free for all.

I'm Hannes Mostert from South Africa, and am in the process of getting my Sentry gun up and running. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing and all this is new to me, however I am a quick learner and luckily the internet is a super source of information.

So long and short, I have an Arduino Uno R3, 2x Servo Digital Metal Gear 40kg/cm super servos(I hope this isn't overkill), and I'm planning on mounting a Spider Pilot paintball gun with electronic trigger on it!

So where to start! haha. Well simple, the mechanical side is DONE. But I'm a total noob with the electronics.

Will shout if I need help!

Thanks
Hansie

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:34 am 
User

Hi to everybody!

I'm Mauro from Switzerland, a PhD student interested in robotics... and sentry gun! xD

Right now I'm building a Nerf sentry gun (with a vulcan ebf-25) for a 40K LARP. His name is Machina Irae , and I'm adding some mp3 player to make it sing praise to the immortal God Emperor while it destroy his enemies.

I hope you find this awesome as much as I do. :D

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:41 pm 
User

Hi i'm Paul, 34 years old, from Argentina. I'm a programer and i found the project sentry gun because i was working in a system to process video and photo where it can found people precense. I had made in python and use OpenCV librery. But it has no move only take frames and analyze them. I think it could be grate proyect mix this humans detections with this so good sentry gun. I like so much this project. I want to learn a lot more.
Paul.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:46 am 
User

Hello Everyone,

My name is Oscar Shave, I live in the South-West of England and I have a Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering, so expect a very over-engineered base!

I do a mix of Airsoft and paintball, and living on a farm I always seem to be starting new projects. Some might get finished one day! I've done a variety of small electrical wiring things, but I'm completely new to programming so this seemed a perfect way to gain a new skill and make something useful (and to have a piece of kit better than anyone else's for a change!).

I'm currently tackling the processing setup, but I plan to have a system with changeable head units and possibly even that could be operated remotely via a wireless/radio linkup. But that is all a future dream at the moment.

Gotta say, I'm amazed by just how wide a variety of nationalities there are on here!

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:39 pm 
User

Hi guy`s

my name is dominik !
I 41 years old.
I live in germany
i paintball gamer and real action paintball gamer

i building a sentry paintball gun .

I hope I can find here a little help

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:31 am 
User

Hi all,

I'm Peter from Australia.

I live out in the bush and am looking for a way to deter feral animals (4 and 2 legged) from attacking stock.
I was originally inspired by the 'squirrel gun' but that was too much programming for me.
This project suits perfectly.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:41 pm 
User

Hello,

I'm Samuel and come from Belgium.

In my project i want t make Paintball rebiuld off a Automatized gun system that can be mount on any vehicle or set up to protect a mission objectiv on defenders site during game (if i find a way to disconnect the servos to use it as a man used turret and a manual remote controlled mode, i will do it too ). At the moment i've been looking the possebility's and needs to realize my idea's.

Sadly i'm not a programmer so i can't modify the source code to my needs myself :-(, but i know enough off computing to build it myself if i know what is needed. I like the open source mentalaty and want to try to get it work as far as ican go. If i'm able to done the whole project i mind also to credit everyone thats help me and the forum to achieve my ideas on the videos i will make at the end of my projetct or/and during game play footage.

Thanks Samuel

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:57 am 
User

Hello. I am finding that most of you are moving already made commercial airsoft/paintball weapons. Also their balls deposits. These are very heavy. You need big motors and servos, big batteries too. I have the solution. A specifically designed weapon, where your servos just move a barrel. And firing mechanism and ammo are stationary. Not moving. I have that. Also I am owning an ammo lab. Firing paint gets boring eventually. Breakers, pava balls... offer my advice and talk at [email protected]
Best of lucks to all of you.

Report this post